1. Long Island is one of the best places in the country for solar. We enjoy the right combination of sunshine, altitude and temperature that makes our area excellent for producing energy from the sun.
2. Incentives for going solar in New York are very favorable and add in the obvious benefit of not having to pay for the electricity that is generated by your own solar system.
3. Prices on solar equipment have come down. Manufacturers of solar equipment are very competitive, and this has resulted in adjustments that have made solar systems more affordable.
4. Solar systems are virtually maintenance-free.
There are basically no moving parts in a solar electric system and most solar modules are warranted for 25 years.
5. There is no question that electric rates will continue to go up.
Investing in a solar electric system today is a way to lock the price per kWh for the next 25 years or beyond. The cost of not going solar is staggering.
6. Financing is available.
Energy By Choice offers SunPower Loans enabling you to spread the cost of your solar system out over time and still take advantage of LIPA rebates plus State and Federal Tax Credits.
7. Increased property value.
There are several studies that show that homes with solar electric systems sell faster and for more money than those without.
8. Solar energy produced at your home is clean and efficient.
Fossil fuels are an inefficient source of energy that create pollution and require more and more energy (and cost) to extract and convert to usable energy.
9. It is good for the country.
America has become more and more dependent on foreign fossil fuels to produce the energy we need. Plus more solar = more US jobs.
10. It is good for the planet.
A 5,000 watt system will produce clean energy, and eliminate the equivalent of 198,000 lbs of carbon dioxide, 319.4 lbs of nitrous oxide and 737.63 lbs of sulfer dioxide – or it’s like planting over 2,300 trees for 10 years. Just what the planet needs now!
Quotes from our happy customers:
“Hopefully solar energy will become a more common option on Long Island for both electric and for hot water. It provides an opportunity to help the environment, contribute to our country’s energy independence and to benefit from the financial savings over time.” ~ Jerry, Baiting Hollow
“It was a great thrill to see our electric meter running in reverse after the installation of our system. We look forward to many years of gaining some energy independence from the high cost of electric on Long Island.” ~ Anthony, Mattituck
“Still the best thing is $5 and $10 electric bills! How I love it!” ~ Christine, Farmingdale